Hi, I'm Blake and I'm just figuring things out in this terrific mess we call life. If you wanna know more, you can ask me xD
These are modern day lynchings
THAT WAS SOMEBODY’S FUCKING BABY. I’M ACTUALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, THEY WERE PLAYING IN AN ABANDONED HOUSE BEING FUCKING KIDS AND NOW THIS LITTLE BOY IS DEAD.
there are tears in my eyes. he was younger than my baby sister. i held her in my arms just a little while before his family did.
my sister is a child. she’s a child and she’s fifteen. this is a child and they murdered him.
2. I’d marry you
3. I’d date you
5. I miss you
6. I’d kiss you
17. I’d hit you with a bus
18. I love you
20. Friends forever
21. Marry me
22. You’re mine
23. I never want to lose you
Let it rip
Autism is a poorly-understood neurological disorder that can impair an individual’s ability to engage in various social interactions. But little 5-year-old Iris Grace in the UK is an excellent example of the unexpected gifts that autism can also grant – her exceptional focus and attention to detail have helped her create incredibly beautiful paintings that many of her fans (and buyers) have likened to Monet’s works.
Little Iris is slowly learning to speak, whereas most children have already begun to speak at least a few words by age 2. Along with speech therapy, her parents gradually introduced her to painting, which is when they discovered her amazing talent.
“We have been encouraging Iris to paint to help with speech therapy, joint attention and turn taking,” her mother, Arabella Carter-Johnson, explains on her website. “Then we realised that she is actually really talented and has an incredible concentration span of around 2 hours each time she paints. Her autism has created a style of painting which I have never seen in a child of her age, she has an understanding of colours and how they interact with each other.”
Much better version of the same subject matter I posted earlier.
These blew my mind.
cis people aren’t allowed to edit my papers anymore
"WHAAATT? I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY WORK??? IN MY OWN PAPER??? WHAT THE FUUUCK??"
It’s not my job to educate you, teacher.
I’m betting one hundred bucks that this is a comment about a really badly written essay and not someone being actively transphobic.
well, you’re about to owe me one hundred bucks.
- this is not the first time i mentioned privilege in the paper. or cisgender. this paper was written on my personal experiences with being trans, and the difficulties i’ve faced because of it, and the difficulties that cisgender people with otherwise comparable lives have not faced.
- the terms privilege and cisgender had both been thoroughly elaborated on in this paper.
- this paper was written for a women’s studies class, on gender analysis, in which both privilege and cisgender privilege in particular had been explained, elaborated upon, and discussed by the professor.
- the comment was not by the professor, it was by a cis classmate during a peer review.
- the words cisgender and privilege are both in scare quotes (in case you can’t google that or don’t know what it means or want to deny their existence, scare quotes is when you put a word or phrase in quotation marks to make it seem less real — the textual version of sarcastically making air quotes with your fingers)
- another edit, by the same editor, involved asking me what my birth name was. i’m sure you don’t need to be told that that’s transphobic.
- i spoke to the professor about this edit, and he agreed with me that the comment (and the way it was phrased) was out of line. in fact, he thought it was so out of line that he led a workshop for the class on how not to be disrespectful assholes to trans people (say, by asking for their birth name, or telling them they’re wrong or oversensitive about transphobia).
- i got a 99% on the essay — WITHOUT changing anything the edit asked for.
- the professor liked my essay so much that he asked to keep it as an EXAMPLE for future classes
bonus: if your reaction to seeing gross transphobic things is “well it’s probably the trans person’s fault”, then you’re gross and transphobic and i hope you don’t know any trans people IRL for their sake
My father recently lost his job, we lost our house and now on top of this he has been diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes.
He is a professional machinist and has been working as one for over 30 years, only to then have his work stolen from him by his own mother and sister. We’ve been scraping by since then and now that he lost his job we have absolutely nothing to live off of.
He is such a strong person and until yesterday I have never once seen him cry. We’re absolutely devastated - he has cancer and we have no way to help him.
He has always refused to take money from other people and he has spent his life helping people in need, and now we are the ones who need help.
My mother’s best friend has made a gofundme to try and help us pay our bills (we currently have no income whatsoever) and get him the treatment he so desperately needs.
If you can’t donate then (please, please, please) signal boost this. I’ll also share with him any supportive asks I receive regarding this..
I love my father so much and I am so afraid to lose him right now.
Update: Apparently some people are having issues with gofundme so I’ve added a donate button to my sidebar!! Thank you guys so much!
Update #2: The doctor alerted us that they’ve likely found cancer in his sinuses as well. Please please please signal boost this I’m really scared right now.
Update #3: He has cancer in his sinuses, lymph nodes and we just found out he has it in his bone marrow as well… Please please please signal boost this, the notes have slowed down to a near standstill and It’s really worrying me.. Even if you can’t donate, please reblog. We need help.
After I watch a scary movie I listen to music because no one’s going to die while nicki minaj is playing
Except the patriarchy
I need your help!
I’m about to undertake the process of writing a play about the LGBTQ community coming out process but I want this play to be as truthful as possible. SO if anyone has a coming out story they would like to share or know someone that does, that would be great.
The personal want is for this play to give people who are still in the closet a way for them to see various ways the coming out can go, specifically the high school age group, so that they ultimately know they aren’t alone. This goes for ALL members of the LGBTQ community.
My deadline for this is mid October, so wish me luck!
Friendly reminder that the man who wrote Let it Go and other lovely songs from Frozen also wrote the beautiful songs entitled:
The Internet is For Porn
Everyone’s a Little Bit Racist
Spooky Mormon Hell Dream
Everything Comes Down to Poo
If You Were Gay
I Am Africa
Hasa Diga Eebowai